Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Death Note...THE MOVIE!!

Tonight I went a showing of Death Note at the movie theater. It was a bit overpriced, and of course it did not follow the plot line too well, but I thought that it was nice to experience it the way you would with any other movie instead of watching it online. It was dubbed, which had me very worried because I only hear bad things about dubs, but it turns out that they used the same voice actors as in the anime which I am pretty ok with. I don't see what all the fans complain about. You can tell that they did their best with the dub. I would say that they did an excellent job, in fact, what with matching the lip movements the best they could and translating. For example, in comparing the dubbed version and the subbed version, the translated dub "I would love to use your intelligence" is better than "Let us use your brain." The latter makes me think of zombies...

There was a really annoying guy sitting nearby, though. He kept telling his friend what was about to happen and then saying "See!" or "I told you so!" I fail to see the point in going to see a movie if you are going to act like that...it's pretty obvious that the only people that would show up for this movie are the ones that are fans of the manga series, so of course they would know what happens, aside from the scenes where the director decided to use some creative liberty.

So, aside from some script changes (Light having that girlfriend and killing her was soooo wrong) and the annoying guy, I have one more problem with the movie: Light and Misa are not blond. *pouting indignation* It's just not right! Light should at least have light brown hair! uuurgh.

They should be blond like this





































And not dark haired like this


































*sigh* They could have bleached their hair or worn wigs...
At the end of the movie they showed extra content, like you would see on a dvd, and there WAS a blondish wig that Fugiwara (the actor playing Light) tried on. Apparently, it did not fit the director's vision of his character. XP

No comments: