Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Change of Plans

Yea, so the barcrawl didn't really happen. I still didn't get any studying done, but at least I know now that I can get some sleep and that I won't have a hangover for tomorrow. I went over to my friend's apartment where a big group of us played some card/drinking games, watched Tila Tequila, and ate puppy chow. The last time I had eaten was before work, which was around 1pm, and I got there around 8pm, so I guess it wasn't a good idea to start drinking, but that's all that we had...so I drank until I started feeling tipsy after 4 beers. By then we finally went out to eat and planned to hit some bars, too, and I was thankful because I needed some food in mah belly!

We went to Jimmy John's and once I downed a turkey sub I sobered up instantly. It was already 11pm once we got to talking and we realized that we ALL had some sort of test/job/early morning class tomorrow (er...later today) to be awake and sober for! So...yea...plans have been moved to this weekend when we all have some time.

One thing I will take out of tonight's experience is a newfound love for AC/DC. I mean, my mom loves the band and I grew up listening to them, but playing Thunderstruck and really listening to it...well...there's something special about the guitar opening solo and the voice of the lead singer that really had me hooked. And I was listening VERY closely since I had a very loooong part of the song to have to drink to. I finished one entire can because of that part. One minute may not seem like a long time (check it out at about 29:40), but not when you are trying your best to chug slooooowly.

But we had fun anyways. At least we played some games. Today wasn't a bad day overall besides my constant anxiety over chem. It was a beautiful day and my class once again went outside for French. We can all tell that Fabien, our graduate professor, is winding down, what with all the outdoor talks, movie watching, and him bringing in friends just to chat. It's awesome, but I gotta remember to wear sunscreen! I'm frying out there, even if we were out for less than an hour. Today we played les loups-garous (werewolves) which is pretty much like maffia, only we obviously had to speak in French. So it was like this only during the day, outside and without the beer. I think I spoke more French today than the entire past two semesters because I was one of the werewolves and people were actually very suspicious of me, so...that was interesting.

No comments: